Skagen44 was founded in 2006 and has its main office in Skagen in the very heart of Stavanger. The firm originated from the consulting company Future Exploration AS that was established three years earlier in November 2003.
In line with its stated business mission Skagen44 has developed a particularly strong G & G environment.
Through both APA- and license round applications the company has established a portfolio of non-operated licenses in the North Sea and the Norwegian Sea.
- Skagen44 shall establish itself as a local oil and gas company with a strong focus on geology and geophysics.
- Skagen44 shall achieve recognition for its high professional standards within G&G, HSE, ethical values and deliverables. These elements will found the basis for successful hydrocarbon exploration benefiting owners, employees and the society at large.
- Skagen44 shall build an attractive portfolio of drillable prospects generated by skillful and dedicated staff members.
- All company activities shall be carried through with special attention on sustainability and economic viability.
- Skagen44, a key player in the search for remaining hydrocarbons and an example amongst the best.
- Concentrate all its activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Build its existence on an organic growth philosophy.
- Have a clear focus on the exploration phase up to and including PDOs.
- Engage in development and production if and when opportunities arise.
- Build an attractive license portfolio and seek value creation through farm in and farm out activities.
- Develop a competitive edge by sharing knowledge and operating expenses in AMIs and joint ventures, either as a licensee or as an operator.
- Focus on continuous improvement of our knowledge base in order to improve product quality.
- Seek to control hydrocarbon potential and related risk through continuous improvement of our resource appraisal practice.